Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an Ipod touch, about 8 years old. It just froze up.

Customer Question
I have an Ipod...

I have an Ipod touch, about 8 years old. It just froze up. any ideas what I should do? I have kept my calendar and address book on it, so it is important information that I do not want to lose.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

8 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

I fully charged it, I have kept it off overnight, but all is still frozen.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

Thanks,