Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I tried to change my password on my Apple ID and now I can’t…

Customer Question
I tried to change...

I tried to change my password ***** my Apple ID and now I can’t purchase anything it said contact you

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 3 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not sure I was in my settings

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign into the app store. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the apple device and make sure you are connected to wifi and then try the app store again.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

I did everything you said and when I get to my Apple ID it says it needs to be updated when I type in my password ***** freezes every time
I still cannot purchase anything, not sure why I buy things all the time

I can try to reset your password, what is your apple id?

My Apple ID is***@******.***

Thank you one moment

OK I just sent an Apple password ***** email to whatever the email of m•••••@g•••••.com is I am assuming it is the***@******.***. PLease check your email for this and look for the link inside and see if you can click the link and reset your password. If you still have issues I may need to remote into your computer and help you fix the freezing issue.