Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to delete my passcode. I don’t know it and it’s tying…

Customer Question
I need to delete...

I need to delete my passcode. I don’t know it and it’s tying up my new mini when I try to get in. This is my second mini and the same thing happened with the first and killed it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I got the new mini for Christmas

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Didn’t know it existed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

After you read my initial response to you above(please do!), reply and let me know if you mean:

1. You forgot the PIN and you cannot actually enter/use the iPad and you are locked out
    or
  2. You can use the iPad, but cannot install or purchase anything because you forgot your Apple ID Password