Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received a phone call yesterday from either a recording or…

Customer Question
I received a phone...

I received a phone call yesterday from either a recording or a person stating that my apple cloud had been breached. I did not take the call because I didn't trust it. The number is(###) ###-#### Please advise

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Apple 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple phone? What have you tried so far?

I just received the phone call ready to install IOS 11.2.1 I don't know exactly what operating system I am on now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

Apple or Microsoft do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer. Treat all unsolicited phone calls or pop-ups with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information.

These fake pop-ups are nothing more than a scam, and you should not purchase anything from numbers listed in these alerts.

Whatever you do, please do not call the phone number for support because it is not Microsoft’s but rather a group of scammers waiting to rob you of hundreds of dollars under false pretenses.

The fake Tech Support pages are usually malicious websites which are used by cyber criminals to promote their remote support services. These Tech Support pop-ups will state that you computer is infected and that you need to call their paid support service to remove the infection. This is a bogus claim, and an attempt to make you pay for their malware removal “services”

you can download and run few of the protection tools like anti malware and anti browser hijack free tools from google search and run them on the computer to make sure it absolutely clean.

This applies for smartphones and tablets too.

Thanks.

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
Thank you and come back if you need any assistance.