Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPhone 6plus that I gave my son, he changed his…

Customer Question
I have an iPhone...

I have an iPhone 6plus that I gave my son, he changed his passcode and now he can’t remember the passcode and Siri not Touch ID works on his phone, how can I get into it to change his passcode the iCloud information is all in my name being as he’s only 14 years old

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About two months ago and it’s ONLY the passcode to unlock screen

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don’t know how to do that but some help would be very much appreciated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks I appreciate it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

He’s a teenager of course and doesn’t want “mommy” checking his phone so about two months ago he changed the passcode and doesn’t remember what he changed it to! The Touch ID nor is Siri activated on his phone prior to the lockout

Do you have a computer it can be connected too?

If so we can reset it to factory and remove the pin

Oh I can’t teset the phone he has pictures under my iCloud of his deceased father....what other options do I have? And I also do not have a Mac

Can you sign into icloud.com on a web-browser, If you see them all on there, it means they are saved to the cloud and will not be lost if we reset the phone

The only thing I can log into on is my iPad or iPhone 6splus which is going to kick my iCloud out of both devices? Both iCloud accounts are in my name but different emails

No it wont, you can go to icloud.com on safari on the ipad

Ok give me a second to grab it
I’m back and logging in

Ok great

Ok I tried on another tablet and it’s an android and won’t so let me try the iPad now it’s dead so it may have to charge a few mins

OK no problem

Sorry for the delay, I wasn’t sure what I was doing when signing up or what I would need....

That's ok

Ok I’m online about to route to iCloud.com now

OK great

Now I’ll all eyes to figure this out ASAP :)
Ready when you are

Did you see the photos?

What do I do once I get to the webpage?

icloud.com

I’m on iCloud.com where do I “sign in” at or whatever it requires
You there
I need this $40 problem fixed ASAP PLEASE
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hello, I see you have requested a new expert to work with on this.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

You will first need to reset the phone, then recover the data from iCloud.

To reset the phone, there are two choices available - see:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Reply back and let me know how you get on...

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Is there anyway I can reset the phone without going through iCloud? The reason I’m asking when I tried that technique last night, I signed in with my iPad and also tried my phone and it’s resetting the iCloud info on those two devices, although my sons phone is under another iCloud account I have with my info, it’s resetting it on my primary devices and I don’t want that
I have an older iPhone that was his with the iCloud info on it so everything is already backed up to it I just need to change this passcode to get into his phone
Pete, Computer Engineer