Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It will not turn Apple TV on. I think the battery is low or…

Customer Question
It will not turn...

It will not turn Apple TV on. I think the battery is low or dead

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

I don't think I ever have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes -- am an 83year old with zero technical skils savvy or smarts

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Nathan, Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you know which model appletv you have? Or how old it is?

Quite new recent model 1 year at most

Okay that could be a problem with the appletv box or the remote.

First go plug the remote into the charger (it uses the same usb/power cord as an iphone or ipad) for about an hour.

Then unplug power to the appletv box for 5 minutes

replug, and when you see the appletv logo or home page come up on screen, press and hold the menu button on the appletv remote, for about 15 seconds, and let me know how it works at that point please.

Thank you,