Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can not get into my apple IPad because my user name and…

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get into my apple IPad because my user name and password *****'t what I have written down right now. I apparently changed it and did not record it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I can't recall.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I have no idea what or where that is.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I know you may not know your apple id password ***** do you know your current apple id? If so please let me know what it is

1982
I need my apple ID because I just found my Password: V=3Lsh12
did you get my last message?

but I need your apple id? Do you know your apple id? I dont need your password.

It is either: [email protected] or***@******.*** This is the issue I am having as it won't take either of them with my password, that I know is the last one I used.

ok let me try some things one moment.

ok it looks like there was an apple id for***@******.*** which I sent an email to whatever the email is r•••••@w•••••.com I am assuming its the same email but not sure. Do you have access to this email and what is the full email of r•••••@w•••••.com. If not check all your emails and see if you have an email from apple regarding a password ***** If not in your inbox check your spam/junk folders.

plus the ipad should show a hint on what the apple id is such looking like r•••••@w•••••.com

it should be on the activation lock screen where it shows the r•••••@w•••••.com and wants the password. Are you sure it is the r•••••@w•••••.com that it is locked with or does it not show that. Either way if you think you know what the email is for r•••••@w•••••.com then check that email for the apple reset password *****

I have tried to reset via the links and none of them have worked. it appears my user ID:***@******.*** is correct but I can't get it to reset my password.

Do you mean the mean the link inside the apple email allows you to reset your password ***** it says its complete and done. But then you try and use the apple id and new password ***** it doesn't work still?

No. When I try to use the Reset link it gives me this error:
"Cannot Verify Account"
"We apologize but we are unable to verify your account information online". Then when I try to create a new account using:***@******.*** it tells me this e-mail is not available to use a different e-mail address.
Are you still working on this issue?

The thing is we need to be very precise on what the actual Apple id even is on the ipad while its locked. No matter which apple id you want to use you will never get back into the ipad. So even if its an old or unwanted apple id we have to match that apple id and reset the password. So since nothing is working and you mentioned that the ipad only shows the apple id of r•••••@w•••••.com then maybe it is not really the correct apple id we are using.

My daughter just suggested maybe we try to set her up a login on my IPAD. Would this work so I can get it to open at least?

I wish it were that easy. Thats the problem. Apple's security locks the the device and you can not use it for any other apple id account until it is unlocked with the apple id that it currently wants. It basically becomes an expensive paper weight until then

there is not a "Backdoor" fix to reset it and start over?

If it was just a passcode issue yes, there is a backdoor, for a activation lock like your seeing with the apple id and password, no there is no bypass on your end. The final resort would be to contact apple and provide them proof of purchase and they can unlock it for you but if you are no the original owner plus cant provide the information they can not do it.

I understand but that needs to be changed so it can be unlocked when this type of issue occurs or at least let you see the ID name in full............

I know I agree. But here is AppleCare's phone number 800–692–775. Explain to them that you can not reset your password ***** to all that you have tried which is not your fault. Explain that you need them to unlock and you can provide them the original purchase information. I know its not what you want to here but its the truth.

Thanks for the info and trying......Later!

Your welcome.

One more thing. It appears the number you gave me is missing one number??

sorry 7753