Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

On the I phone 8plus, my wife noticed that the phone's

Customer Question
On the I phone...

On the I phone 8plus, my wife noticed that the phone's password ***** does not activate unless you turn the screen off using the screen on the right. Is that right or is there an option in settings which causes the password ***** be activated?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

She just bought the phone and created a new password ***** ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No that does not make sense as we just bought the phone. Why would I need to do that. The only thing that we did was transfer data and pictures from her old Samsung phone

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

That is correct. It also will lock and require the password ***** waiting some amount of time. You can change that amount of time by doing the following:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap on "Touch ID & Passcode"
  3. Tap on "Require Passcode"
  4. Change it to your desired amount of time

Does this help you at all?

It does not help because it says require pass code immediately but stays on until you click off on the right side

For that we need to decrease the screen timeout time. Please do the following:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap on "Display & Brightness"
  3. Tap on "Auto-Lock"
  4. Select your desired amount of time

How about now?

I will wait 3 minutes and revert

I personally use the 1 minute option. But those two settings control how the phone locks. Alternatively, the button on the side is the only other method to lock the phone as you stated earlier. Please let me know if this works better for you. Also, if you wouldn't mind rating my service it would be greatly appreciated

Works and thank you

You're welcome!
Would you mind rating my service at the top of your screen from 1-5 starts? It would help me out a lot. Thanks again, and have a happy new year!