Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad just requested activation and i don't remember my…

Customer Question
Hi, my ipad just...

Hi, my ipad just requested activation and i don't remember my apple password. never happened before. i had my iphone in the same room as my ipad when it happened, and made a call on it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

No clue

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not yet. is my apple id my email address?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How do you connect? this way, online?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. Note: Your Apple ID is normally your email address which is associated with the apple.

it would be***@******.***
it would be***@******.***
can you see this?

Do you have any active phone number which ends with ‎(•••) •••-••26?

it would be***@******.***
can you see this? Don't think I have ever had that number. Note this ipad was purchased about 10 years ago and this is the first time happened.
it would be***@******.***
can you see this? Don't think I have ever had that number. Note this ipad was purchased about 10 years ago and this is the first time happened. should i go to an apple store?
it would be***@******.***
can you see this? Don't think I have ever had that number. Note this ipad was purchased about 10 years ago and this is the first time happened. should i go to an apple store? you there?
it would be***@******.***
can you see this? Don't think I have ever had that number. Note this ipad was purchased about 10 years ago and this is the first time happened. should i go to an apple store? you there? hello?

I do understand, but I tried to reset your***@******.*** apple ID. But I am getting only this message as enter the phone number ‎(•••) •••-••26? Even you can try from your end by clicking the link below: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

it would be***@******.***
can you see this? Don't think I have ever had that number. Note this ipad was purchased about 10 years ago and this is the first time happened. should i go to an apple store? you there? hello? Wait, it is(###) ###-####
it would be***@******.***
can you see this? Don't think I have ever had that number. Note this ipad was purchased about 10 years ago and this is the first time happened. should i go to an apple store? you there? hello? Wait, it is(###) ###-####Didn't think of my cell phone number, sorry about that.
it would be***@******.***
can you see this? Don't think I have ever had that number. Note this ipad was purchased about 10 years ago and this is the first time happened. should i go to an apple store? you there? hello? Wait, it is(###) ###-####Didn't think of my cell phone number, sorry about that. should i go in the forgot.apple or are you working on it?
it would be***@******.***
please let me know.
it would be***@******.***
please let me know. went in and changed it.

I have sent you a reset request to your phone. You can now reset your password ***** your iPhone. A message with instructions has been sent to iPhone (iPhone 6 Plus).

Are you in Irvine? I just changed it online. how do i correct, now asking for apple id verification code
Are you in Irvine? I just changed it online. how do i correct, now asking for apple id verification code. Help!!!

No, I am not in Irvine. May I know whether you have resetted the apple ID password? If you changed the password. Could you please tell me whether your apple ID is working properly?

ipad wants an apple id verification code, says sent to my iphone. nothing there. iphone asks if someone in irvine is trying to get into my phone.

I am sorry, I am not sure about the why nothing received in your Iphone. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

ipad wants an apple id verification code, says sent to my iphone. nothing there. iphone asks if someone in irvine is trying to get into my phone. i will change my password ***** apple.
ipad wants an apple id verification code, says sent to my iphone. nothing there. iphone asks if someone in irvine is trying to get into my phone. i will change my password ***** apple. think I am in now. thank you.
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Are you still in need of help. I think I might be able to help you from here.

Thanks, ***** ***** I’m good. Will let you know if I still need your assistance.

Thank you!