Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an IPhone 6S and i understand that apple is replacing…

Customer Question
I have an IPhone...

I have an IPhone 6S and i understand that apple is replacing the battery for $30. I would like to make an appointment at the Apple Store in Northridge on Tampa.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.2.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

The phone is slowing down. I believe the battery should be changed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

It sounds like you're wanting to take advantage of the new reduced-price service for phones which require battery replacement. However, though Apple has announced this offer - it is not actually available yet. The $25 service will not be open to customers until late January.

In early 2018, Apple will also provide an iOS update for your iPhone with a new feature shows the health of your iPhone’s battery and to let you know if its condition is affecting performance.

You can keep track of the situation and look for the late-January announcement on Apple.com and read more info here:
https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

However, iPhones may slow down for other reasons, as well, and if you are unsure it's the battery we can also talk about that.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,