Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Ipod is disabled. howdo I reactivate it? About 3 years, I…

Customer Question
Hi, My Ipod is...

Hi, My Ipod is disabled. howdo I reactivate it?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

About 3 years, I think. Maybe 4.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

It's not allowing me to do anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks. Is just like to get it started.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Is this an iPod Touch?
And does it say,”iPod disabled, connect to iTunes”?
Thank you
Vinod
No, just Ipod
disabled try again in 24,084,440 minutes.
Thank you.
Unfortunately the only way out is to restore the iPod to factory settings. This will delete contents from the iPod unless you have a backup either in iCloud or in iTunes.
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPod to the computer.
Now, on the iPod, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the iPod now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.