Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

With the new system i cannot find my contact list, talk to…

Customer Question
With the new system...

With the new system i cannot find my contact list, talk to my friends - they cannot hear me - everything is messed up now!!!

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device has sound issues?

I am using a Mac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

OSX10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

A week ago it was still the old system - i was traveling and yesterday when i tried to reach a friend I found that everything has changed and I have problems finding my way to my contacts??? where is the list?? and then when I finally find somebody they cannot hear me!!

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Where is the messaging now?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

What model of Mac do you have?

OSX10.9.5

No, I'm asking about the Mac hardware itself. Is this a MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, etc...

I have an IMac - why can you not remote fix - and what is the problem?

Another expert may pick up the request for Remote service. In the meantime I am happy to continue helping you.

However, first, to clarify I need to know what app specifically you are looking for... Are you looking for FaceTime (video / audio chat) or is it Messages (text messaging)?

No - it is skype - used to work well for me but now that skype is part of Microsoft it is all messed up.

Ok, and are you able to start the Skype app without problem - it's only using it where you have an issue?

I down loaded it and it sort of seems to work and the i cannot find the contact list, people cannot hear me, and i cannot find how to send a message..........
Hey John T.F. where are you?

Thanks, ***** ***** are indeed able to run the app, it doesn't sound like a Mac problem specifically. I am an Apple Expert and so will opt out so an expert better suited to Skype concerns can handle this question. When one becomes available, they will contact you.

Please do not reply back until you hear from them as it may delay the transition.

Thanks and good luck!

Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

Do you wish to continue working on this problem right now or at a later time?

Thank you,

***** *****

I tried accepting your remote request, but there was a problem.

I am sorry to report, but it appears that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Accept this Offer" button once more to accept.

I cannot call the bank now - it is 5:30PM - so let me cancel this effort now - it has been truly frustrating - working with your company -

Do you wish to continue later?