Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

4k apple tv worked for two weeks, now nothing. A1842. About…

Customer Question
4k apple tv worked...

4k apple tv worked for two weeks, now nothing

Technician's Assistant: What Apple model do you have? How old is it?

A1842. About 3 weeks

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don't have trouble with any other device. It is plugged into a Furman power conditioner and sends signal from Marantz 6011 to JVC 4kHDR projector.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 4KHDR? What happened right before this?

Nothing happened. It was installed 3 weeks ago. Stopped about a week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried removing it from the system and plugging into another outlet. Nothing. No light. No indication that it is still with us.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Only a month old. Better to just return?

I assume you have tried to unplug it and plug it back in and such, right?

Of course.

I would have it swapped. It should not do that so quickly ever.