Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am writing this on my MAC OS Version 10.9.5. I Purchased…

Customer Question
I am writing this...

I am writing this on my MAC OS Version 10.9.5. I Purchased my girlfriend's granddaughter's MAC OS, Version 12.11.4, S/N CO2QX7Y2GG78. My problem is that she can not recall her passwords. I can sign on as a guest user but that is all. I need to reset her passwords and replace them with mine. I do not suspect that this is a stolen computer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

There are two computers - mine and hers. My computers passwords have not been changed since I purchased it in 2007. On her computer that is what I want to do - change her passwords from hers to mine. But - she tells me that she has forgotten her passwords.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but I am doing something wrong and was afraid to continue. Her computer is on and sitting right next to mine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can not think of anything. Can you suggest anything?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

If this going to cost me $30 per month I will go somewhere else.
Ed Ames
$39 sounds good to me. How do I get you connected to the mew MAC computer? This one is my old one.

There is not a monthly fee unless you become a member. It is your original question cost plus $39 if you want remote service.

Do you wan to proceed with remote service?

I am going to try to bring up my new computer and connect with you. I will ask for ***** *****.
Can not connect to you. There are parental controls. I will try Best but. Sorry we could not do business.
Ed

No worries.