Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My husband owns an i pad and he forgot the password. So when…

Customer Question
My husband owns an...

My husband owns an i pad and he forgot the password. So when he typed in the password ***** times he naturally it disabled the ipad. I am unable to connect it to my mac comp. It says the value is missing. How can i restore the ipad without erasing any data?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Im not sure when he changed it, A couple of months ago maybe October? unsure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. how do i go about doing that without erasing any dat on the ipad

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I beleive that is the bulk of the issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

hello

I can help you remotely reset it if you have a computer you can plug the iPad into.

no remote access
i will get assistance later on tommorow
it is late on my end
via email***@******.***
thank you

Ok.

Have a wonderful night!