Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPad and when I did the update it asked me for the…

Customer Question
I have an iPad...

I have an iPad and when I did the update it asked me for the Apple ID it’s my daughters machine and I put in my Email address and passcode my mistake. I don’t know how to rectify this

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

How do I know where do I find it?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

All I did was do the update. When it asked for my Apple ID I put in mine instead of hers All I did was do the update. When it asked for my Apple ID I put in mine instead of hers

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what to do because I need to get this to her in India it’s going tomorrow I just need to know what to do because I need to get this to her in India it’s going tomorrow

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Can you walk me through what to do?
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I’m sorry I’m new to this whole system and I am concerned that I just gave all of this information including credit card back to you guys

This is JustAnswer.com a paid service. Do you understand that?

Can you please tell me what I paid for and how much it’s costing me for this? Yes I understand it’s a paid service I’m just not clear how much it’s costing me
I believe it’s costing me $40 to do this part can you walk me through how I change the Apple ID and get rid of all my information on this iPad and put in hers?

$5 and then the cost you selected. I believe it is a total of $35.

You can change your password ***** iforgot.apple.com and reset your password. Once done you should be able to sign in.

Please let me know if that is not the case.

Please take a moment to rate my service.

However you’re not asking me for an additional $39 and I still have not accomplished anything
I didn’t forget my Apple ID. I put in mine instead of my daughters so now my information is on this iPad do I just reset the whole iPad?
Hello