Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How much does this cost? $5 or $35? what if you can't fix my…

Customer Question
How much does this...

How much does this cost? $5 or $35? what if you can't fix my problem? Seems like the price structure should be upfront.

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mac Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I want to know what my password ***** I have a computer Admin code, an Apple ID and a password. What is my Passcode?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I cannot delete messages ('unable to move" when I hit delete. I have an old OSI and I'm trying to update it. It asks for my passcode (not password, but passcode), and I don't know what it is or where to find it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know how much this will cost me?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

The price is upfront. You pick it in fact. Remote support is $39 extra. Everything is a flat fee and it can all be refunded if you are unsatisfied. No risk

Do you want help?

No. I feel scammed by you. I did pay the $30 only to learn that I need to sign up for monthly services. No one has answered my simple query re passcode vs password. I quit and will never get this techi crap. I'm in tears

You don't have to become a member. In fact you are not a member yet.

You kind of rambled when you talked to the first person so I am not sure what it is you want. Do you want to clarify or are you all about the refund?

My last message contained my question. Password ***** passcode. I'll sign off and give this to my grandson

What do you want to know? What the difference between a passcode and a password *****? You aren't putting it in the form of a question. You are just saying words to me.

I'm trying to update my iPhone bc I am operating on an old version. When I go to settings and then general, it asks for my passcode. I don't know what that is. I have a password ***** a computer admin code.

Is this a work phone?

No

When was the last time your restarted the phone?