Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad Mini was ok earlier. Later when I tried to get on,

Customer Question
My iPad Mini was...

My iPad Mini was ok earlier. Later when I tried to get on, it told me "activation required". I put my email address & password ***** and it told me it was incorrect.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't think I have since I've had it. I did have some trouble a while back and a tech helped me over the phone and changed a lot of stuff.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I really have no idea.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, please let me know exactly what it says onscreen.

Thanks,