Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My daughters phone is stating her Apple ID has been

Customer Question
My daughters phone is...

My daughters phone is stating her Apple ID has been disabled! I reset the password ***** went in iTunes Idk where to go from here

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Well this is a new Apple phone we just merged but it’s been a while since she could download an app

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to sync to iTunes?

Idk how

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No ty

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Ok

Hello! With it showing the error message, Apple occasionally does that and locks you out for a day after too many unsuccessful attempts. I wish there was a way around that.

You can still try to reset the account at https://appleid.apple.com/ then click the forget username/password *****

Follow through the prompts.

Let me know if you are able to get through this or if you already have tried this.

I’m using my phone to chat with you so if I let you securely connect how do you know what iPhone it is? By number? I don’t want to waste my money for you to connect to the wrong phone

You can disregard that pop up. We don't need to do a secure connect.

You'll just need to go to that site and do the reset. Apple has locked your account in the meantime to protect it.

I tried going to the link and logging in and it told me it’s incorrect! I tried twice

Yes, click the link below it to reset the password. I will provide it. https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

I can’t get past the verification part I tried text and call and the “trusted phone” isn’t receiving anything

Does it still say account is locked when you tried to do the recovery?

My thought is that the account is frozen due to the invalid password ***** It may need the 24 hours to reset in the meantime. I was hoping you could go through the account reset as you have done and it would override that freeze.

When I pushed the home button and side together to get the recovery the phone shit off and then I tried doing the same with the side button and home screen and the volume just went up and down so idk

Yeah, you won't need to do any of that since it's a password ***** of issue. You may be able to reset her account this time tomorrow going through that forgot password *****

I have to suggest it of course as some people are okay with it, but if it fails, you could always sign her up for another Itunes account. Unless you have a lot of money invested in it with music or things like that, that is always an option. It's just an optional resolution. But I'd like to see if they will let you reset this account tomorrow.