Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPad 2 with 2,054 photos on it. I want to remove…

Customer Question
I have an iPad...

I have an iPad 2 with 2,054 photos on it. I want to remove those photos from the dap. We went to the Apple store in Memphis and they tried a direct transfer from the iPad to my laptop (MacBook) It would only transfer 105 pictures. So the told me to open the cloud for he iPad and let the photos transfer to that and then they would be on my laptop. I want to put then on an external hard drive. When I open the iCloud photo library on the iPad i get a message that says Photos synced from iTunes will be removed. What does that mean? Why is iTunes involved at all.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Where do I find that info

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

What application

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Did you see thisI have an iPad 2 with 2,054 photos on it. I want to remove those photos from the dap. We went to the Apple store in Memphis and they tried a direct transfer from the iPad to my laptop (MacBook) It would only transfer 105 pictures. So the told me to open the cloud for he iPad and let the photos transfer to that and then they would be on my laptop. I want to put then on an external hard drive. When I open the iCloud photo library on the iPad i get a message that says Photos synced from iTunes will be removed. What does that mean? Why is iTunes involved at all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

What app did you use to get them off of the iPad?

I don’t have them off the iPad. I want the 2000 pictures to go to the cloud so I can access them on my laptop & then drag them to the external hard drive

So you do want them in iCloud, or do you just want them on the external? Also why do you want them on an external?

I want them in the cloud. Is there a way to put them directly on the hard drive?

From the iPad directly, yes. I can help you do it with remote support.

I want them on an external because the laptop is my school computer & I want off the iPad to free up room

I can help you do it with remote support.

Thanks for you help but I will go back to the Apple store

Yet they could not do it... Do you want that again?