Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got a notice on my iPad that a charge of $89.00 for…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a notice on my iPad that a charge of $89.00 for an order of iApple Music Membership . Order number MQXVW3X22 and document # 129169579866 . I did not make this order and when I tried to check the iTunes says not a valid number. Can you check this for me.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

IOS 11.2.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I came down stairs to computer and tried to get on iTunes Which does not accept my password ***** I tried checking order status and it comes back invalid I did not do anything on my iPad because I was not sure if this is a hoax

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to be sure my account is ok and that I am not charged for something I did not order. I cannot get on iTures using my apple password.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Sounds like there are 2 things that need to happen. First, you will need to reset your apple id password ***** second, you can then access a specific apple website that will allow you to dispute any charges you may see.

So first:

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then Second, once you have the apple id and password ***** taken care of, then you can go to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084 for reference but the most import part is to find the $89 charge by going to http://reportaproblem.apple.com/ sign in with your apple id and password, choose to "report a problem", pick " I didn't authorize this purchase". Like I said you can do this in several different ways on your apple device or computer and reference this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

Hopefully this will help you out. Let me know if not or if you need help along the way.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

I finally got in no charges on my account thanks

Awesome! If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help. Have a good rest of your day :)

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Glad we were able to solve your issue with apple. Please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name.

Thanks again and Happy New Year! :)

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast