Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased a used iPad for my child for Christmas but I'm…

Customer Question
I purchased a used...

I purchased a used iPad for my child for Christmas but I'm unable to do a factory reset on it because I don't know the password ***** with the original owners email and the original owner is refusing to get back to me with the password,,, is there ANY way to do a factory reset on this iPad without the original owners password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't been able to do anything with it (other than get on the internet) because I don't know the original owners Apple ID or password? I really just need to do a factory reset?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that I need to do a factory reset and I don't have the password,,,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

If it is an activation lock there is not a way. Is it an activation lock?