Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got a new MAC and transferred my 2004 Microsoft

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new MAC and transferred my 2004 Microsoft Office mac. My new computer will now not shut down / close Word. I think I have to get a new version of Office mac.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

IMac 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

It started last night. Haven't tried anything so far.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Office 2011 or lower version won't work properly on the new macOS. So I'd recommend upgrading to latest Office for Mac. The latest version of Office is Office for 2016 version.

You can buy the latest version from here --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/office

If you need Office for multiple devices, then you can buy the Office 365 subscription. Or you can buy Office for Mac 2016 if you only need this for Mac.

If your Mac is still not allowing you to shutdown, then you can force quit open apps. Press Command, Option/alt and Esc keys at same time and this will bring Force Quit. Force quit the open apps and then try to shutdown again. If that didn't work, then press and hold down the Power button of your Mac for 5-10 seconds and this will force turn it off. Then turn it back on.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.