Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I turned on my ipad mini and it said Activation Lock. When I…

Customer Question
Hello. my name is...

Hello. my name is Judy. I turned on my ipad mini and it said Activation Lock. When I put in my apple ID and Password ***** said it is not the right one. I bought the Ipad new so there should be no previous owner. I have never changed my ID or password. I have tried it many times and still will not work.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never changed it since it was new

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I am not sure how that works.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Mac Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***. Thanks I will try the online account reset tool.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Go to iforgot.apple.com and reset your password. Once done you should be able to sign in.

Please let me know if that is not the case.

Please take a moment to rate my service.