Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Once booted iMac opens various pages on its own but does not…

Customer Question
Once booted iMac opens...

Once booted iMac opens various pages on its own but does not respond to ANYTHING from keyboard or mouse

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Force Quit on your frozen iMac (pressing and holding Option, Command, and Escape)?

No. I just completed repair and verify from disk utility

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It takes it a long time to boot, once booted it goes to a different screen each time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Would love for you to remotely connect and fix but since I can't do anything on my iMac I am using my Windows to communicate with you.

Turn of the computer with the power button. Hit the power button and hold the shift key down until it starts. Let me know the result. If you are able to sign in and access the web I can fix it remotely.

it takes it about 15 - 20 min to boot up. i am still holding shift key down, .
i have apple with loading bar below apple right now
do i need to keep holding shift key

You can let go.