Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Several months ago, I tried Icloud for Windows. Didn't like…

Customer Question
Several months ago, I...

Several months ago, I tried Icloud for Windows. Didn't like it. Deleted. My contacts disappeared from Outlook, but are still on my IPhone. Can I export them from the phone to Outlook? I've tried several third party utilities but I don't have my encryption password. (I don't recall setting it up to begin with).

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your iPhone?

No windows on the IPhone. Windows 10 on laptop.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Two third party downloadable "fix it" programs. Been into ITunes as far as I can get.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I'll answer any questions.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

ok

We can reinstall iCloud first, then manually export the contacts from there to your computer - then uninstall iCloud and re-import the contacts that we exported earlier. What version of Outlook, e.g. 2013, 2016, are you using?

How do I find out? I looked some already
Found it! 2013I don't know you so I think I'd like to continue this way, please.

No issues; it will be a bit tedious to type out the full set of directions on this page, so let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Is there a "library" with the directions available?
24 hours!!!!

The steps for doing this are quite involved and there's no single article that will walk you through the entire process. Our remote session will be 100% secure and you will be able to see exactly what I'm doing at your screen (we will chat during the process as well). We have an A+ rating with the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/answering-service/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Do let me know if you change your mind; if not, another expert should get right with you shortly. Thanks,

Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Use the free app My Contacts Backup, which has the option to export your iPhone contacts as a csv file. You can email this CSV file with the mail app to an Email address. Send the CSV file to an Email address on which you have access. Download the CSV file and import it to your Outlook. Click here to see how to import CSV files to Outlook.

Regards
Jins