Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife tried to set up her new IPad Pro which we purchased…

Customer Question
My wife tried to...

My wife tried to set up her new IPad Pro which we purchased at Sam's Club. It does not have cellular capability. We didn't know that at the time of purchase. We need to return them as we have now purchased two new one's from Verizon. Problem is, I'm trying to erase everything from her first one and she cannot remember what passcode she used. As a result, I can't even get to the settings screen in order to erase them. Can you help? Also, every time I try I get the message that IPad is disabled, try again in 15 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

No idea

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Didn't know such an animal existed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

No problem! We can do what is called a "restore," which will upload a new version of iOS to the iPad, overwriting everything and making it "brand new" again.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.