Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Bought activation locked phone by accident on eBay. Seller…

Customer Question
Bought activation locked phone...

Bought activation locked phone by accident on eBay. Seller is original owner and clams he has opened a new case with Apple to try again to get phone unlocked. He says his iTunes acct got hacked and that’s why all the trouble can you look up imei and tell me if he actually opened a case not asking details of it just need to know if I’m being led on.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I didn’t I bout it already locked

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No because he doesn’t know information to do that because he says his iTunes acct was hacked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The seller says he is original owner and has tried twice to get this fixed. I’m just lost

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I just paid 40 dollars when i thought i was paying 5
Can you remote a activatr locked phone

I cannot. No one can, not even Apple. It is a stolen phone. I would reach out to eBay ASAP if I was you. Get your money back at least.

I will refund this money too. No sense in you paying more money for nothing. Ok?