Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My I phone 7 is frozen. The apple symbol is frozen on the…

Customer Question
My I phone 7...

My I phone 7 is frozen. The apple symbol is frozen on the black screen.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone 7 (pressing and holding the On/Off button and the Volume Down key)?

I just now tried that. The screen is now completely black. Should I be doing anything else right now or just wait for it to come back on?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to know what to do next.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

You should be able to try to power it up. Worst case, plug it into your charger and try to power it up after a minute.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to start it again and now the apple symbol is back but nothing else seems to be happening.

What happened around the time this started? Did you try to jailbreak it, did it fall, etc?

Mike, Mac Medic