Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Got a new MAC for Christmas. Initial setup failure. Got

Customer Question
Got a new MAC...

Got a new MAC for Christmas. Initial setup failure. Got verification code, entered, then get red letter text “An unknown error has occurred” this has happened four times in a row - three last night and again this morning. How can I get past this roadblock?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last year maybe. I use it frequently

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Which model of Mac is this ? Did you try skipping that step?

Sorry. I have an emergency to deal with at present. Will have to follow up later.

Ok, we can continue later. No proble

Power finally back on.
This is the initial set up. No skipping option.

Can you send me a screenshot of what is your Mac showing now?

It has finally let me thru. Looks like it finally worked. Power being off rebooted everything. I suspect it may have been a WiFi problem going in and out. Power reboot. Done.
Thanks anyway

No problem. You can contact the customer support at***@******.*** for refund.

Best Regards,