Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone is locked and I don’t know my appleID what can I…

Customer Question
My iPhone is locked...

My iPhone is locked and I don’t know my appleID what can I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have had my password ***** several months and I know it but I don’t know my appleID.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to use my phone but it said it had just been updated and it asks for my ID and I don’t know my I’d but I know my password. Can’t use my iPhone!!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

So I just want to make sure, you said you know your password ***** your apple id but do not know the actual apple id which is the email address you use for all things apple like itunes, app store, etc. Usually when the phone is locked with an activation lock it will show a hint of the apple id for example j*****@icloud.com. It may not show the entire address but it should hopefully at least give you a hint. If it is still locked but does not show this for some reason, you can plug your phone into your computer and open itunes as maybe itunes will display this information for you. If not you can try and go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid then click the "look it up" link toward the bottom of the same link I gave you. It will ask for your first name, last name and the email you may have used. If you do not have a computer or another device to try this on, I can do this for you just let me know.

Please help me find my Apple ID so I can use my phone!

In order to remote assist I just need you to do the following:

1. Click this link: https://join.zoho.com/436366605

2. Click the “download’ button

3. Open the downloaded file

I give up. Forget it. I’ll take my phone to Verizon tomorrow. I’ve spent two hrs tonite and still my phone is locked. I’m 77 years old and no one will help get my phone unlocked. Sad!

OK was just trying to help you out. You requested remote assist and I accepted even though payment failed. If you change your mind let me know I am here to help.