Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I've been trying to reset my Mother's Apple ID for her, but…

Customer Question
I've been trying to...

I've been trying to reset my Mother's Apple ID for her, but with no luck. I forgot my password ***** ask for a reset email. I received the email, but when I clicked the link it took me to a page saying that I couldn't be authenticated. I've also clicked on forgot password ***** online, but it just keeps hanging after I click the continue button even though I've entered the challenge characters and her ID.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My mother hasn't change it for awhile. I just got through fixing her network since there was a second address logged in without authorization. That was fixed. I updated her ipad and tried logging into her Apple ID and that is where I'm stuck.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, I've tried through the iPad via "forgot password" when logging into the cloud. I also went online via IE browser and chose "forgot password". Is there something else to use?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

You should be able to reset the password ***** easily via a computer, using the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPad and sign in.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,