Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Forgot passcode to Ipad. Locked out. Tried to unlock Ipad by…

Customer Question
Forgot passcode to Ipad...

Forgot passcode to Ipad. Locked out. Tried to unlock Ipad by removeing Ipad from apple account but no luck.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a year ago. Its My Ipad passcode not Apple password ***** need help with.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I'll try that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I removed Ipad from Apple account to unlock device I like to try to add device again but dont know how.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Hi so I came home and forgot passcode to my Ipad. I found on an article that best way is to refresh Ipad by removing it from Apple Account which I did. No Luck.I then found another video to help refresh Ipad which I did so now waiting for Ipad to open and see if it comes up with passcode reset.

The only way to get past a pass code it to erase the iPad. Would you like me to help you with that?

I would like help with that. I found this tutorial which I did with my I pad.https://youtu.be/oDOY6bwhqU8

His video is the most insightful. Have you followed it?