Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Apple ID has been disabled. How do I get it enabled? I…

Customer Question
My Apple ID has...

My Apple ID has been disabled. How do I get it enabled?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an iPad with the current updated operating system.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It’s been this way for several months. My brother is here for Christmas and has tried to fix it with no success. Someone else has told me that you have to contact Apple tech support to fix the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

My Apple ID is***@******.***.

How long was your Apple ID disabled for?

It's apparently been several months. It only affects app store access which I rarely use. My brother is here for the holidays and wanted to download an app which has brought this issue to my attention.

Go to iforgot.apple.com and reset your password. Once done you should be able to sign in.

Please take a moment to rate my service.

I just reset the password, Justin.

Perfect. You should be good to go.

It still tells me my Apple ID has been disabled.

Where? You just reset it.

I reset the password. It still tells me the Apple ID (*****@******.***) has been disabled whenever I try to access the App Store.

Sign in to appleid.apple.com

let me know the result.

I was able to sign into appleid.apple.com on my desktop computer. But when I go into the App Store on my I-pad it still tells me that my Apple ID has been disabled!

Try restarting your iPad.

I re-started the Ipad and it still gives me the "Your Apple ID has been disabled" message when I try to access the App Store.

Are you able to sign out of iTunes in settings?

Don't understand?

In settings on your iPad there is a place to sign in and sign out of the iTunes Store. Have you tried signing out and signing back in?

Found it. Tells me Apple ID is locked and will send email for unlocking. Have not yet received the email.

Typically you can unlock it by resetting the it at iforgot.apple.com, but you said you already did that...