Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I try to download an app it keeps saying my apple id…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to download an app it keeps saying my apple id has been disabled.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Instagram either app I try to download that message pops up

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Instagram?

I cant download it is the problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Okay

So it sounds like your apple ID has been disabled and this is preventing you from using the app store. This can happen for a wide range of reasons - I can go into detail on this if you'd like, but the main thing to do for now is to get your AppleID access restored.When you see one of these "account has been disabled" alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password ***** to reset your password. Make sure you are certain of your login details before you try as, after multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you will have to wait until the next day.

It's also possible that you have two-factor authentication enabled on your device. If this is the case, you'll need to have your phone handy (apple will send a text with a special code to confirm it's you) to unlock your Apple ID.

Jeremy K
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast