Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Can’t move to the next function in Instagram & therefore…

Customer Question
Can’t move to the...

Can’t move to the next function in Instagram & therefore unable to post anymore photos helpIMG_0558.PNGRegards Allan,
Sent from my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Instagram?

3 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No every thing else is fine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
12/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Have you tried signing out of the app?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do I do that on my iPhone X?

Like this. Guide.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I followed your suggestion of turning off instagram waiting a few minutes then turning the app back on and the Instagram is still jammed. The only way to remove the jamb is to turn the phone off and then turn it back on. Went to repost & it asks me to log in, select the image, click on a photo Photo file eg SmugMug select a photo then click on Instagram then, copy to Instagram, and the overlay of battery is over the next function in the top right hand corner, which means turning off the phone again a major pain. rendering posting photos from my 256 GB iPhone impossible.

My apologies. There must be some sort of miscommunication as I was suggesting to have you sign out. Not exit the app and go in. The next two step will resolve the issue you are having.

1. Hold down power button till slide to power comes up then hold in home button till app screen appears.

If this does not work.

2. Delete the app and download it again and sign in. The issue will be resolved.

If you are unfamiliar with deleting apps you do it this way:

Tap and wiggle. After you tap and hold any icon, the apps wiggle, and the X lets you delete them. Deleting apps on an iOS device is simple: Just tap and hold any app icon until all the icons start wiggling. You'll notice that many, if not most of them, have a little X at the top left corner.

If this was helpful please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.

Can't find it? Here’s How.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Done that re-installed Instagram and can view photos & others posts try selecting photos & posting goes thru first Instagram icon then to the 2nd and we have the same problem with the battery icon overlaying the next icon, requiring restarting the phone removing the instagram app & restarting over again, this is not good, 3 hrs so far today.

What iOS version are you running?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IOS 11.2.1, and run the latest versions on my iMac27, MBPro fully spec'ed & iPad Pro, & my iPhone X 256GB.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both at work & home runt 100/20 Fibre

I am trying to find out why it would be all the way in the corner like you are saying. Do you have your screen zoomed in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This only happened with the last Instagram update from the apps store, before that it was fine as you can tell from my. downloads @wentworth

I cannot find anyone else having this issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is occurring with all my photo programs; SmugMug, Lightroom & Flickr Pro, it appears the only program that is not a problem is when using iPhone X photos from the photo's collection. As an inconvenient option I can use the iPad and it works fine.

Can you send me screenshots?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done that with my first response to you &. will do so againwhat is your email address to send the screen shot?

You should be able to attach them to this chat. I did not get the original screenshot.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it makes no difference on the actual photo in instagram adjusting the crop it remains hidden below the iPhone icons at the top

I just want to be able to see what you are seeing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this chat is on my MBPro not my iPhone
/Users/allanjohnston/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/44204BC4-BA8A-4231-82A8-B3D29AF6BD91/IMG_0558.PNG/Users/allanjohnston/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/B0FF5580-E349-448F-ACBB-C740FCB3FBCD/IMG_0577.PNG

Those are just paths to the files on your computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do I send you the photos?

Woah! That is super weird.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow an update slipped through for some apps that do not respect the safe space. Do you know anyone with an iPhone X that is also experiencing this issue with the newest update?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no but perhaps instagram or apple do, neither of which is solving my problem on a $2,019 $NZ iPhone X

I can reach out to a few of my friends, but it seems like a fringe case. The only other option I can think of is to back up and restore your iPhone. If you want to go that route we can.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius