Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Case number 7100390359790 5 hours ago I was told how to

Customer Question
Case number ***** 5...

Case number ***** 5 hours ago I was told how to restore my Time machine backup to a new iMac. It has been searching for time machine backups with no results. How long should it take? Is it hung up, and should I restart and try again with a command R?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

Latest version of High Sierra.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is a mid 2011, refurbed, 27 inch iMac,i5 with 1 tb memory.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

It should not take that long, but you do know this is not Apple, right?