Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to restore my iPad from my iPhone but didn't…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to restore my iPad from my iPhone but didn't right down the passcode and there isn't a way to request a new one. Getting just a little frustrated.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

It is the latest version (i.e. already updated that). I have erased and restarted several times. Doing it again in hopes of regenerating said passkey from the phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, the ipad used to belong to my spouse but is now mine and I am trying to restore to my itunes/apps.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
iTunes could not restore the iPad "iPad" because the password ***** not correct. this is the passcode generated from the iphone I am trying to do the restore from but there is apparently no way to re-retrieve or regenerate this passcode. That is what i need help with.
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

When the passcode is unknown, you are correct there is no way to create a new passcode, however there is a way to bypass it. This is due to Apple's security and you will need to erase the entire ipad in order to bypass the passcode but this is while the ipad is in whats called recovery mode. That is why you have not been able to restore the ipad because its not in recovery mode first. So here is what you need to do:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is the most important step. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

I ended up visiting the Apple store and a help desk person was able to assist me for $0. Will this really cost me $35? Your answer sounds a little complicated to me.

If you found the help you needed somewhere else, that is ok but no matter what the only way to bypass the passcode is to do these instructions. I can walk you through step by step one at a time if needed. However, if you have everything resolved already here is the customer service info:

Customer service

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.