Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My granddaughters iPad is disabled and her mother doesn't…

Customer Question
My granddaughters iPad is...

My granddaughters iPad is disabled and her mother doesn't know the code

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

What do u mean

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I don't know how long.I told my daughter I would try.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue:(
What I understand is the iPad is disabled because the wrong passcode is entered too many times, correct?
Unfortunately, the only way out is to restore the iPad to factory settings. This may delete contents from the iPad unless you have a backup either in iTunes or in iCloud.
Do you have iTunes installed on the computer,
If you do, open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPad to the computer.
Now, on the iPad, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Restore the iPad now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank you
Vinod