Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone is disabled, it is an iphne 6, it just happened…

Customer Question
My phone is disabled ...

My phone is disabled

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is an iphne 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It just happened this morning. It look like my passcode got messed up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to restore from iTunes, but it did not work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Since it disabled, your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allows you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button but continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.