Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Am trying to activate iPad mini4 from an iCloud backup of an…

Customer Question
Am trying to activate...

Am trying to activate iPad mini4 from an iCloud backup of an original iPad. Can’t get past “find my iPad” setting. iPad was activated at store as a new device, now trying to get a few apps etc. to work on it. Current situation doesn’t allow me to start over from scratch.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Added a second Apple ID. A few days ago. When either selection of find my iPad is made, a panel appears stating the new Apple ID cannot select but the original Apple ID can do so in settings, then the app icons appear for a moment, and the screen returns to find my iPad selection.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think not at this point

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Not interested in ongoing support.

Ok

Is your iPad activation locked?

If you can't answer my "how to" question, I'm not interested in digging this hole any deeper

Is your iPad activation locked?