Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need to reset sons I pad he done some type of activation…

Customer Question
Need to reset sons...

Need to reset sons I pad he done some type of activation lock

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure am the original owner but don’t know password

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

It want let me do anything because of find my I pad account

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

In cases where you have forgotten either your PIN/Password, or Apple ID Password, the only way back into the iPad is through a reset. This is for security reasons, so no one can ever just "get into" your iPad without your password.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,