Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can’t login in with admin password forgot it. Not able to…

Customer Question
Can’t login in with...

Can’t login in with admin password ***** it. Not able to reset it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don’t remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I’ve tried to reset it by turning it off and back on. It brings me to reset password ***** now it says there is a server error

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 6 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

1. Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
  2. Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
  3. Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
  4. Choose Utilities > Terminal.
  5. Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
  6. Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
  7. Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
  8. Enter a new password ***** re-enter it into the password *****
  9. Enter a new password ***** related to the password.
  10. Click Save.
  11. A warning will appear that the password ***** changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
  12. Click Apple > Shut Down.

Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.

Nothing is showing up yet and she has held all the keys for about 4 minutes

4 minutes is too long.

Did she make sure the computer was off first?

Ask her to try it again.

No she did it all at the same time so turn it off first then push down on the command and R buttons?

Yes, step 1 was to turn it off first.

Please make sure it is turned off.

We have tried this several times but it keeps taking us to the rest password ***** nothing about disk utility
R u still looking into it?