Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just got a new ipad for Christmas and I am getting the

Customer Question
Hi Mike! just...

Hi Mike! just got a new ipad for Christmas and I am getting the message ipad is disabled. connect to iTunes. I have tried three times unsuccessfully and get an error message. Can you please assist?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Don't have a clue.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Its a brand new ipad Wi-Fi Model A1822

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I updated my computer with the latest Windows 10, made sure all other updates were made, and still unsuccessful. Whats funny is yesterday I was able to view my applications and an hour later I received this email. The problem probably stems from me not knowing which password ***** passcode to put in that I have been permanently locked out of the new Ipad.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

In cases where you have forgotten either your PIN/Password, or it says the iPad is Disabled, the only way back into the iPad is through a restore. This is for security reasons, so no one can ever just "get into" your iPad without your password.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I got to the iPhone not ipad.

Ok, you wrote "iPad" a few times in your original question. Which version of the iPhone is it?