Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPad new for Christmas. It asks for passcode to open. I did…

Customer Question
IPad new for Christmas...

IPad new for Christmas. It asks for passcode to open. I did not set up one. It will not open until I put in a passcode

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't changed it in 3-4 years

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Can not get new machine to open. Presently using old iPad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, the new iPad was received for Christmas, started set-up connected to my daughter's wifi, but did not have Apple ID or password ***** me so I stop the setup. Now at home and new iPad wants passcode to open.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Are you still there?