Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It stops randomly when I'm listening to podcasts. It's

Customer Question
It stops randomly when...

It stops randomly when I'm listening to podcasts. It's really random.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Sorry, it's a 160GB ipod classic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Months...it's not frequent enough for me to have tried much beyond running internal diagnostics to verify the HP jack and clickwheel are ok

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.
I've had the same issue with a previous device - it's very frustrating, especially because it is hard to isolate the fault. I have just a few details to collect and then should be able to illuminate the issue you're experiencing. (1) What app are you using to play podcasts (assuming Apple default)? (2) Have you done a full reset and restore of the iPod yet? And (3) what are you using to listen, particularly, is it via headphone jack or using Bluetooth?
Sorry - just re-read and saw that you have a classic iPod. So scratch questions 1/3 above. :) But one additional, have you experienced this issue with several different sets of audio outputs I.e. Different headphones speakers etc.?
Mike, Mac Medic