Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I keep getting Amazon popups that take over what I’m doing.

Customer Question
I keep getting Amazon...

I keep getting Amazon popups that take over what I’m doing. I have to get out of the site and get back int it in another browser to get rid it f it. I already rebooted. Found a list of,things like deleting cookies, etc, but nothing has helped.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPad Pro, update recently to 11-something. I get it in safari, chrome and google

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that’s the problem I am having now.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Make sure Safari security settings are turned on, particularly Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning.

On your iPad, go to Settings > Safari and turn on Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning.

Also, Check your Applications folder to see if you have any apps that you didn’t expect and uninstall them.

Please try and let me know how it goes !!

Ok.
I’m not using only safari. It happens in chrome and google too.
I didn’t see the thing about warning me about questionable websites. The pop up blocker was on already.
No, I don’t want to do the connection thing. Your answer didn’t do me any good and your satisfaction score wasn’t anything to write home about. Thanks anyway.

It seems it is web page redirect problems.

Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data, then tap Clear History and Data to confirm.

You need to do same for other browsers as well .

Power off and restart

Hold down the power button until the screen changes and the 'slide to power off' slider appears. (This should take about four to five seconds.) Then slide the slider so the phone powers down. The screen will turn black.

To restart the phone, hold down the power button again. This time it should take about 10 seconds.

Mike, Mac Medic