Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I bought my wife a new iPad to replace her old one, and

Customer Question
I bought my wife...

I bought my wife a new iPad to replace her old one, and going through the set up when asked to enter. Her Apple ID and pass word it also asked for her phone number, which we have but since t

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

SHE HAS HAD THE OLD IPAD SHE HAS NOT USED THE PHONE so how do I get the code on this iPad to put into the new

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

It said it would send it to her other Apple devices , I have checked the emails and messages but no code from Apple

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

W

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: michelleclive, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

Since you are in the process of setting up a new ipad, you can use an existing apple id or signup for a new one and use that apple id as well

Let me know the email that was being used on the old ipad

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Apple ID is***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you tell me where to look on this her old iPad to get the code for her new iPad

ok and do you have access to this yahoo email?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have a problem answering the question?

i will try to check on my end

let me know your phone number ending with 17

the password ***** be retrieved from old ipad as its sensitive

only a reset can be attempted via the old ipad

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ph.(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Remember this phone is no longer in use

ok

have you checked your old ipad for any messages from apple

if there is no new message let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have a problem with the password *****'s getting the new iPad to allow the set up to progress

what happens when you enter the password

does it not accept the password

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No! There are no messages in email or messages on this old iPad

i am out of ideas and will let my fellow experts review an answer this further and will thus opt out

you will be notified on email once an expert replies

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm trying to get pass the Apple ID on the new iPad it said it is sending the code to other devices, Ln using her old iPad so where will the code be sent to on this device?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not happy with the response that I got from the questions I asked they seem basic and simple to me but nobody answered the questions I asked could I have my money back please
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?

Mike, Mac Medic