Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just did clean install of High Sierra on MacBook Pro. When I…

Customer Question
Just did clean install...

Just did clean install of High Sierra on MacBook Pro. When I tried to install Chrome and Skype both failed with following message. he operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.
(Error code -43)

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Clean install. No apps. Downloaded Chrome and Skype installs from their respective websites

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

Drag to Application folder after downloading Skype install

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.
There are a few things to try to resolve this installation issue, particularly because it is occurring with multiple installers.
- Start with a full reboot of your MacBook. Even though this is a clean install, there may be volumes mounted over the process of reinstalling that can cause this issue.
- After rebooting, try running Disk Utility (located inside the Applications/Utilities folder) and do a verify and repair on your startup disk (or the one you are installing to). It may be necessary to run this from the repair volume on your mac, if so, I can walk you through that process here.Once you've tried these two things (and attempted those installers), drop on back and let me know how it has gone. There are a few other more specific things we can try, but need to make sure it isn't volume corruption first.