Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’m having a terrible time trying to reset my Apple passwor.

Customer Question
I’m having a terrible...

I’m having a terrible time trying to reset my Apple passwor

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Well, I “tried” a couple day ago and then just a few minutes ago. I used what I thought was the correct new pass word to Sing in, but still no luck. Could I have been hacked?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, I think that was what I used. On this iPad, and then was told that I could use my iPhone to immediately get a new password. I tried that, but still no luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just wish that were such a thing as real over-the-phone help still available.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 6 months ago
Edward Dorsey

You can call Apple Support (yea they do have live phone support) at(###) ###-####for assistance or they can arrange to call you https://getsupport.apple.com/

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 6 months ago

Also, understand their support is currently closed for Christmas Day

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 6 months ago

Assuming you have access to a PC or Mac, you can start your password ***** steps at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid. Select and answer the questions presented. Also, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203304 if your iPhone asks you to confirm your phone number when activating in the U.S.